It’s easy to make bad choices when you go tot he grocery store without a list. So I created an easy grocery list for you to follow. First here are some tips when you are grocery shopping…
- Keep eating simple.
- Eat whole one ingredient foods.
- Eat same meals. You do not HAVE to eat the same thing everyday however I find it helpful from making bad choices. (I mix it up and get different in season fruits and veggies every week.)
- Avoid pre-packaged foods as those are the ones that contain harmful ingredients.
- Read labels. NO more buying foods that have added sugar. Look under ingredients, if you see sugar listed put it back on the shelf.
- Make sure you buy enough to last you a week so you don’t have to go to to the store again.
- Meal prepping helps. Try to use one day a week to make a couple entries in large quantities so you don’t have to think about what to make after work.
Proteins: (Pick 1-2)
- Tofu (I always use organic)
- Wild caught Salmon
Vegetables: (Pick 2-4. ALL vegetables are okay. These are my favorites)
- Bell peppers
- Sweet potatoes
- gold or red potatoes
Fruits: (Pick 2-4. ALL fruits are okay. These are my favorites)
- Water melon
Nuts/Seeds: (Pick 1-2 types of nuts/seeds.ALL nuts/seeds are okay. These are my favorites)
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chia seeds
- Flax Seed
- Hemp seeds
- Brazilian nuts
- *Macadamia nuts
Beans/Legumes: (Pick 1-2. All beans are okay. These are just my favorites)
- Split peas
- *Garbanzo Beans
- Black Beans
Grains: (Pick 1-2.)
- *Rice (Any)
- Steel cut oats or plain organic quick oats (I get the 365 brand form whole foods)
- Gluten free or sourdough bread
- Gluten free pasta (I like the ones made out of chickpeas)
- Buckwheat pancake mix
- Buckwheat hot cereal (I like the Bobs red milll brand)
Herbs/ Spices: (Pick as many or little as you want. They can be dried or fresh)
- Soy Sauce
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh Ginger
- Any other seasonings you love!
- Coconut oil (I use refined coconut oil so it doesn’t taste like coconut)
- To add to food or drizzle on top of food olive oil (don’t heat)
Dressings/Sides/Other: (Choose 1-2. Do not use anything that has added sugar!)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Valencia Peanut butter (I like the organic costco brand)
- Almond Butter (Only almond and salt. No other ingredients)
- Sugar free dressing
- Dried seaweed. I use this instead of bread or even as a salty snack
- Honey (Use in moderation)
- Non diary milk
- Green tea
- Coconut Water (no added sugar)
- Coffee (no sugar, heavy whipping cream is okay for your coffee)
Keep in mind it is best to look for non GMO or Organic. However I know it is not always possible so just do you best! 🙂